Friday, June 1, 2012

All things must pass...




So now the blog must come to an end.  This has been a story of beautiful lady who wanted to do a swim race in the Blue Water, and the wonderful folks who supported her.


A week in our favorite place, St John, came to an end much too quickly, but not a single complaint will be uttered.  For each minute on island we embraced and enjoyed everything around us. The place, the people, the water, and of course - Island Life 


What can we say but the week was just awesome!
   - Janet swam great and truly enjoyed the journey  


   - Your support was recognized by the Friends of the Park and is so badly needed
   - The weather was perfect everyday
    - Our cottage was in a great location with spectacular views


Villa Rendezvous Pool and View

 
    - Met some great people along the way
    - We had incredible meals both at the cottage and dining out
    - And the snorkeling was just over the top (more on that in a little bit)
Cruz Bay, St John
I cannot end the blog before I share some photos of what we saw under the sea.  We have been snorkeling in the Caribbean for over thirty years and never have we seen so much – so clearly.  Take a moment and enjoy the beauty of YOUR National Park.  I thing the photos will speak for themselves.  And our hope is these shots will entice you to come visit this special place also. (Click on any picture to see full size)


Group of Babies out on their first swim


The world below us



But you got to have Friends.... (see the flounder by the tail)


Everybody loves a turtle!


Not really that scary - it is a nurse shark but anything 5 or 6 feet long underwater warrants attention in my book

Good Morning Mr Squid



Dance like there is no tomorrow


It is a tough world when you not full of color

Look at Me - Let me turn on my good side for your shot

-----------------------------------------------

The cute, the scary, and the colorful all find a home beneath the sea.

Before I close this blog the swimmer, my sweetie, would like to add a few words...

Thank you SWIM Janet SWIM supporters!  What a great thing each of you did to help us try to preserve the beautiful park of St. John.  St. John is a special place that Tom and I have shared for years and our hope is that it continues to stay as beautiful as it is today.  For the last few months, I have trained in the pool hoping to be ready for what the open waters had in store for me.  But this past Sunday, after an earthquake that shook the island and which I slept quietly through it, I entered the waters of Maho with the “green caps” – the ones who were going the distance.  We were the crazies that put our goggles on and set out for a quick 3.5 mile swim.  As I swam out of Maho Bay, I passed over rays and starfish leading us out into the deep water.  I found peace in the beautiful blue water and followed the advice of my swim coach, Brandon, who told me “Enjoy Your Journey”.  I traveled most of the trip with a group that naturally formed after passing the first mile and we pulled each other through by drafting off of each other, taking turns pulling the group.  Not sure who they were but we did find comfort in numbers as we swam the two open ocean crossings.

Again, I thank each of you for your support and comments.  It was comforting to know I had friends pulling for me as I stroked from bay to bay.  Many thanks go out to Towel Boy who is the love of my life, but I must tell you he did transform into Monster Man later in the week as he roared waving his hands chasing some very young local boys up and down the beach. 
Janet

So now it is time for the sunset picture to close the blog


Thanks again for your support, emails, and notes








You Come Along Way Baby - Congratulations


Ta Ta for Now...
Towel Boy








2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations Janet, what a great accomplishment!! :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 02, 2012

    Thanks for sharing this with us Janet and Tom! And Congratulations Janet - you should be really proud!

    ReplyDelete