Sunday, May 27, 2012

Special Bulletin Dos.....

 Ok you figured me out - if it says Special Bulletin there are no pitures below....

Hopefully later tonight I will be able to upload Race Day Pictures.  However, I wanted to pass on to our team, Swim Janet Swim, today's results.

On an absolutely beautiful Virgin Island day, the race started promtly at 8 am on Maho Beach, St John.  At 9:47:08 Janet walked under the finish banner on Hawknest Beach.  In 1:47.08 she had swam/swum (never get that one right) 3.5 miles in the ocean.  She finished 3rd in her age group of 50+ females.  Go Janet!  BTW - Towel boy was right there and I got a picture to prove it.

As predicted the water was very choppy in front of Denis Bay.  Rays and Starfish were sighted along the way by Janet, but no turtles.  Ironically as she rounded the point to swim into Cinnamon Bay her iPod began to play Kenny Chesney's song "Old Blue Chair".  The song written on and about Cinnamon Bay St John.  The playlist worked for those who sent in songs.  She only swam/swum with one bud in her ear so she could hear safety officials if she strayed off course.

THE BIG NEWS!
Team Swim Janet Swim got a major shout out!  Why you ask... It was for being the #1 fundraising effort this year!

Because of each of you and your willingness to support Janet and the Virgin Island National Park, Janet and I will get to have dinner with Kenny Chesney at his house on Peter Bay tomorrow night!

Well... not really, but we did get a couple neat hats and book and DVD about the park.  Most importantly a real big thank you from the friends of the park.  Thanks to ALL of you for your support.

Pictures at 11.

We now return you to your normal web surfing venue.

This has been a Special Bulletin Dos....

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie - sorry for no pics, but I really tried. I promise a bunch when I get back to close out this chapter of our lives.

      Delete
  2. I was soo excited about the dinner with Chesney!! I wish we were there..next year?Maybe as asst to the Towel Boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy I cannot tell you how much you and Rum would enjoy this place. It has his name all over it! I know it is a long way from the left coast, but it is well worth the trip. Damn Kenny did not show up for dinner so we had to eat alone. More pics when I return.

      Delete
  3. AnonymousMay 30, 2012

    Just got caught up on the blog. Congrats Janet! 3rd out of 50+ women. wow! She should be so proud!! Can't wait to see pix!

    ReplyDelete